August 30, 1879 - September 9, 1879
Adjutant General E. D. Townsend informs the Commanding General of the Atlantic that the Secretary of War George W. McCrary has ordered that all "movable property" at the Carlisle Barracks be turned over to the Indian Bureau as part of the transfer of the Barracks from the War to Interior Department. McCray encloses the letter to the Secretary of the Interior.
Note: This item was copied from U.S. National Archives microfilm reels (M234), which were filmed from the original documents found in Record Group 75, Entry 79, "Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-80."
National Archives and Records Administration
RG 75, M234, roll 483, frames 559-563