October 21, 1879 - October 23, 1879
The Chief Clerk to the Secretary of War forwards a letter to the Secretary of the Interior. The letter, from Adjutant General E. D. Townsend, explains that the Secretary of War has authorized the transfer of Commissary property and stores at the Carlisle Barracks to the Department of the Interior.
Note: This item was copied from U.S. National Archives microfilm reels (M234), which were filmed from the original documents found in Record Group 75, Entry 79, "Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-80."
National Archives and Records Administration
RG 75, M234, roll 483, frames 627-632