Report of a Small Fire in the Small Boys' Quarters

Report of a Small Fire in the Small Boys' Quarters
Date: 
October 22, 1913 - November 8, 1913

Carlisle Indian School Superintendent Moses Friedman informs the Commissioner of Indian Affairs of a fire in the clothing room of the Small Boys' Quarters. The fire was caused by a stove, which is normally used to heat flat irons for clothes, over-heating a wall. The fire was quickly put out and only minimal damage was done, but Friedman removed the stove from the building and is planning to put it in the toilet building. 

Assistant Commissioner E. B. Merritt acknowledges receipt of Friedman's letter.

Time Period: 
Year: 
Repository: 
National Archives and Records Administration
Location: 
RG 75, CCF Entry 121, #125168-1913-Carlisle-256