Conversion of Leupp Art Studio to Carlisle Alumni Association Headquarters

Conversion of Leupp Art Studio to Carlisle Alumni Association Headquarters
Date: 
April 4, 1914 - April 13, 1914

Supervisor in Charge of the Carlisle Indian School Oscar H. Lipps requests permission from Commissioner of Indian Affairs Cato Sells to renovate the currently unused Leupp Art Studio and convert it to the official headquarters of the Carlisle Alumni Association. Sells grants Lipps the authority.

Lipps believes that there are over five hundred living graduates of the school and that the association, which he thinks is essential for school spirit and generating interest in Indian education, should have a building to keep "records, banners, class pictures" and to hold their annual meetings. 

Time Period: 
Year: 
Repository: 
National Archives and Records Administration
Location: 
RG 75, CCF Entry 121, #37565-1914-Carlisle-820