First School Building, c.1885

Existing building (the South Barracks) used as the first school building. Students are posed on the balconies and lined up to enter the building. A sign attached at the near end of the building reads "Schoolrooms." 

This building was demolished in July 1888 and replaced with a new building for the same purpose.

The Cumberland County Historical Society has three copies of this image: PA-CH1-002, 10A-C-02, and 12-08-03. 

Time Period
John N. Choate, Carlisle, PA