This material includes correspondence between Henrietta Nelson, the secretary of Wellsburg High School's Athletic Assocation, and E. B. Merritt, the Assistant Commissioner of Indian Affairs concerning the restoration of the Carlisle Indian School to the War Department and its transformation into a War Hospital treating soldiers after its closure in 1918.
Inquiry About Transfer of Carlisle Indian School Campus to War Department
April 13-20, 1921
National Archives and Records Administration
RG 75, CCF Entry 121, #29978-1921-Carlisle-131