Hospital

Displaying 1 - 15 of 15 records
Boy's Ward, School Hospital

The caption reads: BOY'S WARD, SCHOOL HOSPITAL

The image appears in Red Man vol. 4, no. 2 (October 1911): 75.

Format: Photograph, Reproduction
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Buildings at the Carlisle Indian School, #1, c.1890

A composite of 16 photographs of the school. The captions read: Small Boys’ Quarters, Ass’t. Supt’s. Quarters, Superintendent’s Quarters, Chapel, Guard House, Hospital, Disciplinarian’s Quarters, Band Stand, After School, School Building, Large Boys’ Quarters, Christmas Dinner, School...

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Carlisle Indian School campus panorama, 1909

A panorama photo (10" x 50") of the Carlisle Indian School campus, facing east.

The caption reads: U.S. INDIAN SCHOOL. CARLISLE, PENNA.

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Composite Images of the Carlisle Indian School

The handwritten note reads: CHOATE

The reverse side reads: Old Guard House    Capt. R. H. Pratt Supt.    Old Chapel.     Supt. Quarters.      Ass't Supt. Quarters     Small Boys' Quarters.     Hospital and Disiplinarian's Quarters      Rosa W....

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Dr. Given in the dispensary, c.1887

Dr. Obadiah Given posed in the dispensary of the hospital. 

Note: School records show Dr. Given worked at the school between 1884 and 1889. 

The Cumberland County HIstorical Society has two copies of this image: PA-CH1-080b and BS-CH-050.

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Cumberland County Historical Society
Front View of School Hospital Showing Out-Door Sleeping Additions

The caption reads: FRONT VIEW OF SCHOOL HOSPITAL SHOWING OUT-DOOR SLEEPING ADDITIONS

The image appears in Red Man vol. 4, no. 2 (October 1911): 76.

Format: Photograph, Reproduction
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Hospital and Disciplinarian's Quarters, c.1882

The Hospital building and the Disciplinarian's Quarters. This building replaced the original hospital on the school grounds in 1881.

The Cumberland County Historical Society has three copies of this image: PA-CH1-008, 10A-C-05, and 12-07-05. The caption for 10A-C-05 reads "Hospital, built...

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Cumberland County Historical Society
Hospital and Disciplinarian's Quarters, c.1884

View of the Hospital building and the Disciplinarian's Quarters, with the Small Boys' Quarters visible at the far right. 

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Cumberland County Historical Society
Hospital Building, c.1881

View of the hospital building with staff and students posed on the porches. 

Format: Glass Plate Negative
Repository: National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution
Miss Wilson and Dr. Given with a student in the hospital, c.1887

School nurse Margaret Wilson and Dr. Obadiah Given posed with a student lying in a bed in the ward of the school hospital. 

Note: School records show Wilson worked at the school from 1881 until 1889. Given was employed there from 1884 to 1889. 

Format: Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: Cumberland County Historical Society
Outdoor Sleeping Ward- Hospital

The caption reads: OUTDOOR SLEEPING WARD-HOSPITAL

The image appears in Red Man vol. 4, no. 2 (October 1911): 75.

Format: Photograph, Reproduction
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Photograph of a photograph of students on parade on school grounds, c.1885

Photograph of a photograph (tacked to a wooden surface) of students on parade on the school grounds. It is a large group of male students, in a formation of rows, some holding flags, with the band in front, and a student holding an American flag in the lead. Visible in the background are the...

Format: Glass Plate Negative, Photographic Print, B&W
Repository: National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution
School Drug Dispensary

The caption reads: CORNER IN DISPENSARY.

This image appears in The Indian Industrial School, Carlisle, Pa.: 23rd Year (Carlisle, PA: The School, 1902).

Format: Photograph, Reproduction
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
The Carlisle School Hospital

The caption reads: THE HOSPITAL.

The printed note reads: This necessary adjunct of the School is officered with a resident physician, a trained nurse in charge and an Indian girl assistant who is also a trained nurse. It has its own kitchen and special diet table...

Format: Photograph, Reproduction
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Vaccinations at the Carlisle Indian School Dispensary, c.1905

The caption reads Dispensary at Hospital, Indian School, Carlisle, PA.

This image appears in Souvenir Views of Carlisle, PA (New York, NY: The Valentine Souvenir Company, c.1905).

Format: Artwork
Repository: Dickinson College Archives & Special Collections
Subscribe to Hospital