January 2, 1880
Comptroller W. W. Lipton refers to an account in favor of the War Department for $630.78 for medical and hospital supplies transferred to the Interior Department as part of the transfer of the Carlisle Barracks from the War to Interior to establish the Carlisle Indian School. Lipton states that he has no evidence that the transfer of medical supplies has been made and requests the original receipt for them.
Note: This item was copied from U.S. National Archives microfilm reels (M234), which were filmed from the original documents found in Record Group 75, Entry 79, "Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-80."
National Archives and Records Administration
RG 75, M234, roll 484, frames 495-497