The caption reads: DINING ROOM AND GIRLS' INDUSTRIAL HALL.
The printed note reads: This building, 125 x 50 feet, with a rear projection 80 x 36 feet, was erected in 1884, mainly by student labor under the direction of the school mechanics. On the lower floor is the dining room 124 x 49 x 16 feet, lighted with two arc lights, the kitchen and laundry. On the upper floor is a large sewing room, a room for the cooking-class and the drying room.
This image appears in United States Indian School Carlisle, Penna (Carlisle, PA: The School, [1895?]), 24.