The Carlisle Indian School grounds with the flagpole in the center. The Hessian guard house appears in the background just to the right of the flagpole, the administration building appears immediately to the left of the flagpole, and the superintendent's house appears to the left of the administration building. The back of the girl's dormitory appears on the far right, and just to the left of that is southern end of the academic building. Students in uniform are scattered about the grounds, with tennis courts laid out in the foreground.
Carlisle School Grounds, #1, c.1895
John H. Andrews, Carlisle, PA
CIS-MC-003, box 1, folder 8