The caption reads: THE SCHOOL BAND.
The printed note reads: In 1880 a benevolent lady of Boston presented the school with a set of band instruments. Under its present leader, a graduate of the School, it has a recognized place among the good bands of the country, and has performed acceptably before critical audiences in our large cities, notably at the parades in New York and Chicago during the Clumbian Quadra-Centennial.
This image appears in United States Indian School Carlisle, Penna (Carlisle, PA: The School, [1895?]), 35.