The caption reads: THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING.
The printed note reads: was built in 1891-the carpentering, painting, roofing and spouting being largely done by student labor. It is 50 x 48 feet and contains the general offices of the School, with rooms for employès on the second floor.
This image appears in United States Indian School Carlisle, Penna (Carlisle, PA: The School, [1895?]), 7.